A Spoonful of Salt

A Spoonful of Salt
Please take everything you read with a grain of salt. But for this blog, please take it with a spoonful.

Friday, January 14, 2011

Gold


Gold lies in rivers undiscovered
Hidden from the sight of those who don't know what to look for
Sometimes the value is uncovered
Other times it's cast aside by those who are just unsure

I guess you never held onto quality
Or you would have recognized by now
Something so special, so true
When she's standing right in front of you

I'm gold, babe
Catch me in the slip stream
Passing by the fools who just don't know
Pure gold, babe
You're looking at the real thing
If you knew my worth, you wouldn't let go

-"Gold" by Beverly Knight

Hear the song HERE

Now, I have never really cared too much for gold. Diamonds suit me better (Drew, I hope you are taking notes). But the point Beverly so beautifully made in the song above is: You need to recognize you lady and value her for what she is- pure gold. If you want to keep your lady, you better treat her right- that's all I'ma sayin'! If you don't, she might just slip through your hands and float downstream to be pick up by someone who does "know what to look for." Ladies, I am not just picking on the men; the same goes for you!

Also, it is important to remember that we are not guaranteed our next breath. So, tell your friends and family that you love them everyday...and also say all the really hurtful things you want, too. Hey, you might die tomorrow! :) I'm only kidding. I just feel like it is really important to be cognizant of the fragility of life so that we don't take the things or people in our lives for granted.

Happy Friday to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment