A Spoonful of Salt

A Spoonful of Salt
Please take everything you read with a grain of salt. But for this blog, please take it with a spoonful.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

You Can Call Me Mrs. Nabisco

In contrast to Michael Moore, I really enjoy Morgan Spurlock's documentaries (although Moore makes some valid points, they are overshadowed by his um, zeal, to put it nicely). I was really disappointed when his television show, "30 Days," ended. I watched it religiously. I love how he really makes a point to show both sides of any given issue. So, I am interested to see his new movie called Pom Wonderful Presents: The Greatest Movie Ever Sold.


Even more interesting is how he apparently convinced Altoona, Pennsylvania, a city of 50,000 people (the tenth most populous city in the state), to officially change their name to Pom Wonderful Presents: The Greatest Movie Ever Sold, Pennsylvania for a period of 60 days. Am I the only one who thinks this is absolutely nuts and absolutely brilliant at the same time? The city gets instant recognition and so does Spurlock's film. It is a win/win! Plus, Spurlock is paying Altoona $25,000 for their temporary name change, which will be used to fund the police department. The downside is that their city will be named Pom Wonderful Presents: The Greatest Movie Ever Sold for 60 days. Yuck. But overall, it is a very creative marketing strategy, don't you think?


Maybe I will change my name to my favorite food brand, Nabisco. That's Mrs. Nabisco, to you.


Happy Hump Day!



.




No comments:

Post a Comment