A Spoonful of Salt

A Spoonful of Salt
Please take everything you read with a grain of salt. But for this blog, please take it with a spoonful.

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Lennox Tour Des Fluers, Dallas, TX


My first 10k was this past weekend...I had alot of fun. It was at the beautiful White Rock Lake here in Dallas. I POWERwalked it with my friend Lisa and her kids. But my stupid shoes arent used to me walking/running longer than 3-4 miles. So, around mile 5, I started getting blisters and had to take one of them off and walk the rest of it with one shoe on and one off. That sucked.....My brother (The Super Runner) ran it with my Uncle Bryan. Jonathan beat his last 10k time by 2 minutes. Snaps for Jonathan!!!
Afterwards, we went to eat at this German restaurant in Highland Park. If you arent to fond of German food like me, you would appreciate it- as I did not. But the guys loved it.
Anyway, we had a good time. I hope that it will motivate me to train better and more often. The energy at these runs is amazing and crossing the finish line feels great....See pics here.....http://www.yoursportingimage.com/Image.asp?catalogID=2243345 , http://www.yoursportingimage.com/Image.asp?catalogID=2245871 , http://www.yoursportingimage.com/Image.asp?catalogID=2244198. Sorry, couldnt figure out how to copy pic. Not my forte!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome pics! Thanks for sharing. You're such a good sport, finishing with just one shoe!

    :op

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to everyone on the 10k! Bummer about the blisters though. And I'm not fond of German food either. Tried it once and didn't like it.

    ReplyDelete